Please see our list of “most asked” billing questions. If your question is not on this list, please read below on the best way to get in touch with us.
How does insurance work?
Insurance can be confusing, we get it. We have a couple of resources to help. F
First, this quick video will introduce you to the basics of healthcare billing: How Insurance Premiums and Deductibles Work.
For a more detailed explanation, use this link from the North Carolina Department of Insurance for their overview of how the insurance system works: Using Your Health Plan.
I thought my annual visit was covered at 100%!?!
Recent changes in insurance coverage have defined an annual exam as a strictly preventative visit, that is limited to the following services:
- Updating the patient medical history
- Recording vitals
- Breast examination and a pelvic examination with a pap smear, as indicated
- Ordering preventative tests, such as mammograms and bone density testing
- Routine screening lab work and routine medication refills
Any discussion or management of new problems or detailed review of chronic conditions are outside the scope of preventative services and will either be billed separately or discussed in a subsequent appointment.
How are lab services billed?
Triangle Physicians for Women contracts with outside vendors for laboratory services. The nature of the service provided will determine the lab we use for processing. Lab services will be billed by the vendor, and we ask you to refer your questions to them for support.
To determine the lab service used, please refer to your billing statement.
- For questions regarding a bill from RPLA (WakeMed Laboratory Services), please contact 800-284-9806.
- For questions regarding a bill for services from Unified Women’s Healthcare/Labcorp, please contact 984-229-1091.
What is the best way to ask a billing question?
Due to the confidential nature of your health, we ask that all billing questions initiate in the Patient Portal. Asking your question(s) in the portal will allow us to have a record of the question as well as the answer provided by our staff.
The link to the portal is HERE, and you will find a link to our billing staff in the Messages prompt at the top of the screen.
It is our goal to respond to all portal billing questions within 1 business day.